2009年4月12日星期日

Reflection of my journey with ES2007S

The last semester of my college life, as well as my journey with ES2007S, have come to the end. It is time for a reflection.

Aiming to learn the proper way of communication at workplace and to learn the job application skills, I started my journal with ES2007S.
In the three months time, I got exposed to the various areas of effective communication: active listening skills, nonverbal communication skills, 7Cs in writing, formal documents writing skills, coverletter & resume writing skills, interview skills, etc. I get to know more about the culture of Singapore as well as other countries.
Of course, the part of journey I enjoyed most was the project with Ethel and Bernard. Being the group set up much later than others, we really put in our effort to catch up with other groups. We conquered various difficulties through the way and managed to do the oral presentation at the same time as other groups. Through the project, we got hand-on practice of scientific research, business paper writing and effective communication. I got a better understanding of how to communicate effectively after the project.

I've learned how to write a job application letter and resume, which is the first and very important step in the job application process. Another very important step in getting a job is the interview. Therefore, I look forward to the mock interview in the coming week, which I believe will be very important for us to learn how to deal with the real interviews. The job market this year is not as good as previous years, but with the gear of the skills we get through ES2007S, I believe we can all get a job!

My journey with ES2007s is going to end in one week's time, but my journey with professional communication will never end.

6 条评论:

  1. Hi Feng Lu

    Through this module, we have really learnt a lot. I like your last sentence, which indicated continuous learning for professional communication. As it take time and practice to become effective communicator.

    It’s great that you enjoyed the most was the project despite the last minute changes and the group managed to meet the deadlines. :)

    Good luck in your future job!

    回复删除
  2. Hi Feng Lu

    I realized that you are a very focused and serious lady! And I am glad for you that you have already secured a job before you graduate!

    Nice working with you in the blogging team! :)

    Lastly, I wish you all the best in your future job!

    Ji Fang

    回复删除
  3. Hey Feng Lu,

    I can see that you have had a positive experience with ES2007S on the whole. I believed you have achieved what you expect to gain from this course or more. Congratulations!

    From the interactions in class, I observed that you are serious with your work and contribute constructively in class. Despite having mandarin as your main communication medium, i must admit that your english is quite fluent too! :)

    I wish you well in your coming graduation and future career.

    只要功夫深,铁杵磨成针. 加油 Feng Lu!

    Johny

    回复删除
  4. Hey Feng Lu!

    I'm sure you have learnt much from the module. I think your group has done an amazing job by completing the group project in time. In fact, it is from these 突发状况, that one can learn even more than the others. Wish that you have a good time in your future career, all the very best in your future endeavours. Keep in touch.

    Kenny

    回复删除
  5. Hi Feng Lu,

    This is a really nice concluding post. I like that part where you mentioned that "my journey with professional communication will never end". I absolutely agree with you because we are going to step into the workforce soon and learnings on professional communication should not just stop here.

    I see that you have worked hard for your project and it was difficult to meet the deadlines since your group started later. However, you guys did a good job! Cheers!

    Anyway, good luck and all the best to you in whatever you do.

    Yuan (:

    回复删除
  6. Hi Feng lu,
    You have given a good summary of the experiences that you have been through with the others. I think you a a very good communicator through your presentation and i hav overheard people say u look like nu qiang ren.

    all the best.

    See you around.

    回复删除